What to do in your 30s?

Questions related to mechanics or builds
Sno

What to do in your 30s?

#1 Post by Sno » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 am

I am a Fae, who is at level 34 in the game. I play as a Rogue and so my skills have been focused on Dual Weapons, Stealth and Thievery. I want to stay true to the character and I enjoy going for quick, critical strikes, and so I have outfitted myself with light armor, piercing weapons and some jewelry to make up for the lower armor ratings. I am in the Sinshade family, and all of my equipment has been purchased from the guild. They have the highest stats I can find in the game, for the combination I am going for. I feel like I am at a good place right now, except for one thing, my hit points are atrocious.

I have 1,606 hit points. Ever since hitting level 30, I feel like my hit points have barely increased each level. I haven't kept records, but I believe they have only increased by 5 or 10 each level. Is this normal? Is it because I choose a Fae? I imagine they are probably weaker due to their fragile nature, so maybe it is just my lot in life. Do the hit points start increasing at a higher rate in later levels?

So I feel like I am stuck right now. I found I can take on NPCs that are about 3.5 times my hit points, so maxing out at something like 5,500. This means the only thing I can do right now is grind out kills in Faewood Forest, the Coastal Jungle or some parts of the desert. I would expect to be able to navigate around the Temple of Kef, Misty Grove or maybe even the Tundra by now... and sometimes I can, but only if I run into a single NPC. Anything more than that, and I am as good as dead.

I also have the ability to make potions now, and they certainly help, but it is still not enough.

Am I expected to be doing group adventures at this point? I would be okay with this, except the user base is not really large enough to support this. It is very hard to get a group together.

Am I expected to be doing more quests? I have completed 212 already, and 24 are in progress, but they don't usually give enough XP to make the length of time worth it. Also, the guild quests seem a little off. One of my previous guild quests had me go all the way to Skybreak Ridge. That is a level 60 - 80 area, and I only made it by shear luck. I just ran as fast as I could and luckily didn't run into any creatures. My current quest involves fighting Draven Hollowheart. I have figured out where he is, but getting into that castle is another exercise in running. The NPCs outside are regularly 5,000 HP and usually come in groups. I have scouted out the place enough (and died lots) to know where he usually hangs out now, but there is no way I can defeat him. He is 23,000 hit points. Are all the guild quests expected to be completed in groups? I imagine they probably are, to get guild members to work together, but again getting a group together is not easy.

Please don't get my wrong, I don't want to sound like I am bashing the game. I love this game! It has been very enjoyable, and I love how you can customize your character's skills. Some of the quests have been awesome too! I really loved that guild quest where I had to "prepare someone's meal" in the palace (hopefully not giving away too much there), and how you can find secret rooms and paths in certain locations. More of those please!

I am just wondering if I am missing out on something? Should I be looking for armor elsewhere, or maybe finding an NPC that helps with my hit points? Are there longer quests that are not tied to a guild? I did do the violet armor one, which was nice, but my guild armor ended up having better stats. At this rate, if I grind to 40, I feel like I will be very under-powered compared to the creatures in the level 40+ areas.

Dsiban

Re: What to do in your 30s?

#2 Post by Dsiban » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Nah, it's not because you're a Fae. Player hitpoints are way low compared to mobs. In level 100 light armor you'll have somewhere around 5k hitpoints and the mobs will have 40-80k, with the minibosses having over 100k. No kind of equality there. If you become a vampire later my guess is that you end up with Dual Weapons, Stealth, Thievery, Acrobatics, and some utility that helps you either kill faster or deal with multiple enemies (bosses LOVE to summon adds). But for now you're at a combat disadvantage and I don't think that there's much you can do about it short of respeccing (unless having a high level player help you get high level gear is a thing, which in my mind defeats balance and isn't a desirable solution).

Maybe someone else who knows the game better will chime in with things to do. If not, do quests and grind what is easy for you until you get enough skill points to adapt to the situation that you find yourself in ... acrobatics for dodge/damage/mobility or pets or magic for crowd control.

Sno

#3 Post by Sno » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:54 am

Dsiban wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:04 pm
Player hitpoints are way low compared to mobs. In level 100 light armor you'll have somewhere around 5k hitpoints and the mobs will have 40-80k, with the minibosses having over 100k. No kind of equality there. If you become a vampire later my guess is that you end up with Dual Weapons, Stealth, Thievery, Acrobatics, and some utility that helps you either kill faster or deal with multiple enemies (bosses LOVE to summon adds). But for now you're at a combat disadvantage and I don't think that there's much you can do about it short of respeccing
I see, good to know. I guess I'll have to re-evaluate where my skill points will be going in the upcoming levels. Thank you for the info!

Vero

#4 Post by Vero » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Hit points arent that big of a deal. The problem really is skill point allocation. You are punished heavily if you do not focus on attack/defensive aspect for the first 40 levels. Branching off into Thievery, Riding or anything else just makes progression that much tougher. For solo play, that is.

You also will not see a vast increase of stats because the item tiers are a tad odd right now. The boost comes in with the level 25 gear from the guild and because everything has been nerfed to the ground you will not find anything really worthwhile except for a few pieces of jewelry that have slipped through the cracks (For now) until you obtain the level 60 guild gear.

There is little to nothing in terms of of rising progression when it comes to items between. About level 40 is when the real grind comes, you will kill lots of monsters to level instead of questing. Think I spent about a little under a week killing swift goblins to level from 45 to 50.

Sno

#5 Post by Sno » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:03 pm

Vero wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:40 pm
The problem really is skill point allocation. You are punished heavily if you do not focus on attack/defensive aspect for the first 40 levels. Branching off into Thievery, Riding or anything else just makes progression that much tougher. For solo play, that is.

... About level 40 is when the real grind comes, you will kill lots of monsters to level instead of questing. Think I spent about a little under a week killing swift goblins to level from 45 to 50.
I was planning to max out Stealth, because I really want Assassination :D, and then move onto other things... but that doesn't sound like a good idea anymore, since the intermediate levels don't give me much advantage in battle. I will have to look at the attack/defensive skills again and re-prioritize. Thank you, this has been very helpful !

Calvinhoc

#6 Post by Calvinhoc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Is the difference between maxed out stealth and regular stealth that big?